Discovering 11 Cleaning Wonders of Baking Soda
It’s funny how a simple ingredient such as baking soda can give so many benefits and uses in our everyday lives. Baking soda is a perfect substitute or replacement for so many personal care products and household cleaning materials that are harmful not only to our health but also to our environment. The usual cleaning materials that are currently out in the market are full of chemical and hazardous to health especially when used every day. Baking soda on the other hand, is versatile and can be used as a great solution in many of your cleaning problems. Here are the things that baking soda can help you with at home:
- For stinky and stained plastic containers of food: Wipe a clean sponge sprinkled with this powerful powder or you can make a solution with 4 tbsps of baking soda and 1 qt of warm water.
- To use inside a foul smelling fridge: Place a fridge pack with baking soda inside your fridge. This will help in absorbing foul smelling odors so that it won’t stay and linger inside.
- Used for cleaning a dirty kitchen: Mix it with water and you can use it for cleaning sinks, microwaves, cooking utensils, range hoods and countertops.
- For cleaning fruits and veggies: Mix the baking soda again with water and use it to remove dirt and its waxy coating.
- Greasy pots and pans: Add a few amount of baking soda with your dish detergent and use it for washing your greasy pots and pans.
- Carpets and stuffy carpets: Sprinkle the surfaces of your carpets and upholsters to deodorize it. Let it stay there for about 15 minutes and then vacuum it up.
- Used for cleaning your bathroom: You can scrub tile, sink, shower and tub using a damp sponge with baking soda. Once done, rinse well and see the difference.
- For clogged drains: clear clogged drains by pouring half a cup of baking soda down the drain and follow it up with a half cup of vinegar. Cover it up with a wet cloth so that it will contain the smoke or fumes, just like when making a DIY volcano. Wait for at least 5 minutes and flush it out using boiling water.
- For cleaner and brighter clothes: Simply add a cup of baking soda on your load of laundry with a detergent powder then wash your clothes.
- To get rid of garbage container odors: Just place a good amount of baking soda in the bottom of the garbage container and it will help it eliminating trash stink.
- Cleaning walls: If you happen to have kids who love to draw especially in your wall, baking soda will be handy. Just scrub it lightly using a damp sponge sprinkled with a bit of baking soda and you wall will be as good as new.
The uses of baking soda are truly unbelievable, right? So the next time you are going on shopping, make sure to include a box of baking soda in your purchase for they really come in handy especially when cleaning your home.